Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fun February

Today I went out to have some time for myself. First a really nice spa, lunch with Wen and a really needed hair-cut and a really nice hair treatment and dinner with Min. Bliss. My hairstylist took one look at my hair and asked if I cut my fringe myself. Gee, was my cutting so obviously amaturish? I was quite proud of my fringe. The last time I trim my fringe myself, my colleague complimented me on it. :P

One would have thought that now that I'm not working, I would have more time to go out and pamper myself. The opposite is more true! I bring my girl everyday when I send the son to school, and juggling her in the clinic is no joke. She's getting real heavy and she wants to be carried all the time. And she doesn't sleep soundly. She wakes up at the slightest cough the hubby makes, at the slightest squeak the door creaks, and when you put her down as well. Did I ever say that she was a sleepyhead? I think I take all my words back. The only time she sleeps very soundly is at night, all the way to the morning.

These kids can really do a one hundred and eighty degrees turn on you!

Sometimes when my son is good, he'll take out all his toys (mainly his lego nowadays) and pass some to his little sister for her to 'play' (mainly she'll put them into her mouth). Other times, he'll get jealous and cry and whine like last night when I gave his sister his pants to wear. (can't find her pants!) The son started crying and saying that he didn't want meimei to wear his pants. Sheesh. My daugther loves looking at her big brother. She'll laugh and smile whenever she sees her brother walk pass, and she'll crane her neck to see what he is up to. I hope my two kids will be very close to each other as they grow older.

The son is getting very used to school nowadays. But his favourite thing to do in school is basically to stone and to observe what the other kids are doing. He doesn't really like participating in what the rest of the kids do, but rather stay quietly in one corner and watch the world goes by. I'm not really too worried, because when he gets home, he'll do all those crazy things which he was supposed to do at school. What a strange little boy. Too much worries and anxieties in such a little brain.

Man, my legs ache from all the walking. Yep, just the walking around town! I'm not so young anymore. *sigh* Sometimes I register pts and am amazed that they're born in the same year as me. They look soo old. I'm so lucky I don't really look my age. hahaha. But sometimes it's not hard to feel my age. Especially when one has two kids. I don't really feel like going back to work anymore, but it's hard not to have earning power. I'm still at two minds about it, that's why I haven't called to confirm what I'm going to do next month, and I should really call them soon. Life is really good right now, and I wish I could continue like this for a longer while still. But the reality is that things may not always be this good, and the practical side of me screams that I must not indulge in this lifestyle for too long. Unless my hubby supports me wholely, but he's not the kind who would. I just hope that he appreciates me rushing back to buy him nice dinner after my hair treatment and before my dinner with Min.

It's hard to explain, but one must never take things for granted.

I need to buy myself a nice pedicure set. Just cut my sole - ouch. Using a pair of blunt sicssors. Don't ask. *mutter*

Finally, just a quick note, mind going numb from sleepyness: My girl can sit up very well now. She can almost crawl forward (now she's doing the backwards crawl), can almost lift her body up in the correct crawl position. She can pull herself to standing by pulling on my shirt, but usually by pulling on my hair. Strong grip. Strong legs. When in the car, she likes to be carried upright to see the world goes by. She will then stick out her tongue and drool as she looks out of the window. Okie, maybe not so much drool nowadays. :P She poos once every two to three days, and her poo is really really sticky. Just the other day she pooed into the tub while my mom was bathing her. Very very sticky poo. Now I know: using wet wipes to clean poo is so much easier than washing poo off the backside. Really really really sticky and slimy. So slimy that you wonder if you manage to wash all the poo off. So sticky that it sticks on your foot and you don't even know it until half the day later. Okie I exaggerate, maybe about 15 mins later, after walking half round the house. *bleah*

My girl looks like a little boy. My brother on MSN asked "who's that little boy" when he saw her on the video. I think it's because of her wispy hair and her tendency to wear her brother's pants. She likes to sleep on her tummy and she likes to open her mouth WIDE. Have not started weaning her yet, because my mom has not tried weaning her yet, and I'm just too lazy to feed her anything else except breastmilk. :P

She likes apples and oranges. She doesn't like baby food, those kind of nestle rice dunno what where you mix the rice powder with milk or water to get a goory paste. She was so excited when I made it for her the other day, and was all but grabbing my hand with the spoon to put it in her mouth. After one taste of it however, her face changed colour immediately, and she practically pursed her lips and turned her head, angry that she had been tricked to eat something so awful. My mom says that if you continue to try to feed her that goory paste, she'll scream high murder on you and cry like she's been bullied. Trust me, she can cry really really loud. With geunine tears. :)

I love her very much, just as much as my naughty son. :) She's very fussy with who carrying her at night, only myself or my mom and not her papa, which she proceeds to cry bloody murder too, and genuine tears. I think my son was less fussy at that age, all he wants is his milk.

Yep, I still love her very very much. :)

No comments: