Saturday, December 20, 2008

My daughter

My daughter is almost six months old. I realised that I hardly write anything about her, or take a lot of photos about her. That's what happen to a second kid I guess, but I love her just as much as my son. She's so cute, smiles so sweetly, and is soo cuddly. I love being with her, lying next to her and watching her sleep, and playing and tickling her and seeing her smile.

But my back really ache from all that carrying. My shoulders too. She. Is. Very. Heavy. At 8.15kg and not even 6 months yet.

Bathing her is becoming more and more of a challenge nowadays. She can sit upright quite well in the small, no, tiny bathtub, and boy, she loves to grab the wash towel and suck on it. With all the bath water and soap. Yep. Yep. And she'll be very upset if you pry it out of her hands. She loves to bathe though and is always happy in the water. I usually bathe her twice a day in the tub. I think for my son, at that age, my hubby and I were doing the car-wash routine. One holds him upright, the other wash, soap and rinse. I think I understand how that comes about. Daughter is now extremely squirmy in the tub. And extremely slipperly to handle for one person. I think she drinks quite a lot of tub water too, when I bathe her. :P

My dear darling daughter sleeps throughout the night from day one. She is a real sleepyhead. She loves to sleep. She can really sleep. But nowadays she doesn't seem to be able to sleep well, especially during the day. Keeps waking up. Like now. Gosh.

My daughter loves to put everything into her mouth, unlike her brother, who never put things in his mouth. She is curious about everything, and has learn to flip from back to tummy like an expert. I think she's going to learn to crawl very soon, seeing how she would stretch her hands out for her toys (and her brother's toys) and kick her legs in order to get what she wants. She also can sit upright for quite a long time, and she loves being upright. In a way, she is more active than her brother, always trying to get things (to put in her mouth).

Dear daughter makes the cutest sound. She is very vocal when it comes to telling you what she wants. Except that no one knows what she's saying. She loves to sing when she hears music, and she sure loves to complain a lot when she's being ignored. Darling daughter loves to look at her big brother, but sometimes she's afraid of him especially when he shouts all of a sudden. She is also wary of him when he comes too close, as she has been bitten by him a couple of times. My baby girl can really cry too. Very loud, inconsolable cries if she's angry or hurt. Otherwise she's always full of smiles and happy sounds.

I love my dear little girl very much.

No comments: