Sunday, February 03, 2008

There's something about stories

My boy loves listening to stories. The other day, I was telling him the story of Jack and the Beanstalk, when it suddenly hit me that, hey ... Jack was a thief and a murderer! He stole from the poor giant, and killed him too! Tsk tsk tsk. What are we teaching our kids here eh?

And a while ago, I told my boy the story of the three little pigs. There are many versions of the story too. He cried when he heard that the big bad wolf ate up the two little pigs. Really! He cried! Oh dear.

*bleah*

I had to calm him down and ended up with telling him that the third little pig being the smartest of them all, finally killed the wolf, cut open the tummy and rescued his siblings. Still quite morbid actually.

*bleah*

I think we shall look at the Aesop Fables instead.

No comments: