Sunday, August 12, 2007

Baby, 20 months

We are the indulgent parents all right. What to do? Only have one precious kid. I'm not sure if it's because of the guilt we feel because we don't really spend lots of time with him, or we truely in our hearts just want him to be happy, or simply because he looks really good in it. Whatever.

But here he is, aged 20 months, and he owns a German car. In the likes of Volkswagon, BMW, etc. A red sporty one which can go at a topspeed of 40km/h and take up to 80kg.


Yes, he's actually posing in it. And he smiled when I told him to. And he refuses to let anyone else sit in his car, although he was rather mild about it when we tried. He'd say: Papa, go away. Mama, too big. Go away. The neighbour girl came over and tried his car. He was so worried but was too polite to tell her to get lost. You should have seen his eyes go as big as they could get and he started wringing his hands. Good thing her dad told her to return the car and my boy quickly reclaimed his prized possession. Heh.

Ah, next time when he's twenty and asked for a car, we'll tell him he has already got one at the age of 20 months. So no more, eh?

*****
More milestones.

Took his toothbrush and started brushing his teeth himself. Refused to put it down even after his bath. I guess I needn't be worried about him brushing his teeth after all. Heh. Was a bit worried for a while though cos the last time I thought I saw him brushing the toilet floor with that toothbrush of his. Hmm.

More words.

Commented that 'man wears specs' loudly in the lift whilst said man was carrying his 26 month old boy who had a pacifier in his month. Said mom then pulled out said toddler's pacifier and exclaimed that so big still use pacifier. Said people in lift seemed impressed with my boy. *glowed*

Have started asking questions: Mummy doing what? Papa doing what?

Have started answering his own questions. That Ah Gong's car? Noooo.

Can answer our questions correctly: Is that Ah Gong's car? No. Is that Papa's car? No. Is that a taxi? Yes!!

Is very demanding: Sit car. Take off shoes. Then drink milk. Gugu go away. Close door. Mummy sit here. Then drink milk. Go upstairs. Sit on bed. Then drink milk.

I love him to bits. He's just so cute. :)

*****
Have been busying playing on my psp so have not been doing any other things else like blogging. Found this game called Puzzle Quest. It takes Yahoo! Bejeweled to a higher existance. If you loved Bejeweled to nutz like me, that is. It's simply amazing what the Japs can do. Turned a simple game into a RPG quest which comes with magic, hit-points, pretty exciting story-line. And you can even play with a real opponent. Like my dear hubby, whom I got him addicted. Who is also so extremely competitive. Humf. Am so not going to play with him anymore. Yep, we each got one psp to ourselves. :)

What's the next game going to be?

And the latest anime crazed is Denno Coil. The storytelling is simply amazing. I'm still reeling from the last two episodes, one which made me laughed till tears come to my eyes, and the other was so sad that I cried. Definitely a gem.

*****
So have been pretty anti-social. Should go out and meet up with old friends. Have not seen or heard from Wen for a long time already! I guess she must be busy with her studies. And I'm so busy with my boy. It's so hard to bring him out by myself nowadays. His table manners are so totally spoilt by my parents. So I've been going out for dinner with them. At least they can pander to him while I eat in peace. Relatively peace, that is.

In other news, poor baby has been sick again. Thankfully last night seemed to be the turning point. After he vomited onto me, that is. And twice diarrhoea today. Otherwise we'll have to be drugging him with his flu medicine again. This time he caught it from me, and I caught it at the clinic. Life sure is tough! We couldn't go to the zoo as we had wanted. The flu medicine works wonders though. He takes it and is completely knocked out for two hours at least. That's why I only took it for one night when I was sick. Don't have the luxury to sleep so much!

Sis-in-law was in town. To be more accurate, bro-in-law's wife that is. The whole family was in town. Exchanged some gossips with her and am assured that MIL has been extremely tame towards me. I guess I should be feeling lucky. And to think that she actually bought TWO sports cars for my boy. They're not that cheap too. Gosh, she wouldn't even spend that sort of money on food! I guess he's also extremely lucky. But then, back then baby was calling her auntie for a time. That might have made her rather worried. Now she got him to call her correctly. heh heh.

I was so thirsty after that MSG laden Ramen, that I drank coffee milk. Right now I'm feeling zombified. Brain's not working too well. Darn.

No comments: