Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Time capsule

Over the weekend, we went back to our parents' place and packed a few more things. I uncovered boxes of rubbish which I've kept when I was a kid. Letters from friends whilst in school, cards, presents etc. How quaint. Stuffs my parents gave me when I was little. Toys, dolls and many other niknacks. Each item tells a story, and brings back memories.

Like the beaded necklace my Grandma gave me. Perhaps it's even in fashion now! heh.

I found a photo of my Austrian pen-friend. We wrote for two years and eventually ran out of things to say. I remembered I stopped writing first, because I was becoming boring and repetitive. I wonder how she is now. That was like when we were nine or ten years old. How time flies! I still have some of the gifts she gave me, like the pretty bangle, and the little necklace which is now tarnished.

*
Dear hubby found his baby photos. He has always been telling me he was so cute when he was a kid, and now I've finally set my eyes upon them. Boy, he is definitely very cute! Such a happy smilling cheerful baby with lovely chubby cheeks! And that mischevious grin certainly melts hearts. :) My dearest hubby was such a cute baby!!! heh heh.

One day, we shall go through his photo albums together with his mom and listen to all the stories. :) Memories are the most important things in a person's life, and it's always good to recall the happy memories.

They drive away the dark clouds of depression. :)

***
Note to self: Must take more photos. Next time when we are old, it'll be lovely to sit back together and go through those photos.

:)

No comments: