Monday, March 14, 2005

Bow-meow

Greebo the Cat

Greebo had spent an irritating two minutes in the box. Technically, a cat locked in a box may be alive or it may be dead. You never know until you look. In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.

'Pointy ears and hair you want to stroke,' she said, vaguely. 'And they can fascinate you. And when they're happy, they make a pleasing noise.'


~Lords and Ladies, Terry Pratchett

Damn funnie.

Oh, and that cutie JRT on the fourth, or was it third? floor stuck his head out of the rails on the balcony again, nose sniffing the air and lording over all creatures below his feet. I wonder what he is thinking about ... perhaps he's wishing he's a bit slimmer so that he can slip through those damn far apart railings and take a flying leap into the swimming pool, and show off how graceful a dog can dive, if he puts his mind to it ... that is, if he doesn't fall splat onto the ground below the balcony first. After all, it is hard concrete below where his nose is peeping out. :P

And there are some really loud dogs in the estate. And they do sing quite a bit ... out of tune too. Are dogs tone deaf?

*****
I need The Colour of Magic, Light Fantastic and Mort ... and err, Reaper Man. heh. It's so hard to find books in the library when you suddenly want to borrow them. *pout* I wonder if WC has got them, after all, he was the one to recommend them to me a long long time ago ... but dunno why the first book I picked up then wasn't very nice to read. Maybe my taste had changed. :P Will have to wait for Min to find out if he got those books. :P

That's just me, when I read something pretty good, I must read all the books from the same author. Now, is anyone kind enough to lend me those books? :P

But I'm definitely NOT like Min who will reserve a book and be on the 75th person on the list. *rolls eyes* ... heh heh heh.

Ohh .. maybe Sunny.

:)

tomorrow.

*****
I don't get along very well with my colleagues. Somehow, I find them artificial, condenscing, long-winded ... err ... and others. I dunno ... but somehow I just cannot talk to them properly. Except some of the rather older old ones going to retire soon. I think it's the competition. Dog eat dog, cat scratch cat. It's hard to really get along. They do backstab and sneak and put on invis cloak and stuffs. It's really ... different.

Or maybe it's just me.

PM said she was ... kinda ... 'shock' that I became one of them. She didn't have a very good impressive of such people too. And I must say ... I do agree somewhat with her. But she said I was different, and perhaps I am ... because I can't get along with them. I can't be 'friends' with them. I can't treat them the way I treat PM, YS, Lin and Min. I can't feel 'close' to them, the way they treat one another. I just prefer to keep to myself. And spent an hour talking to PM. :P Ouch, me ear.

They all seem to be a totally different species all together. :P

No comments: