Sunday, September 26, 2004

Oddities and Evenness

There was nothing much to blog about the past few days. There was no inspiration, unlike this morning, when I woke up, the words were forming in my mind! Had been extremely busy the whole week, rushing my markings so as to return assignments and exams. My eyes were ready to pop, and my neck and shoulders ached. On Friday afternoon, I finally threw down my pen and declared, 'that's it! yay!' :)

And so I have my weekend free. It's a different kind of feeling, you know ... the feeling of having a weekend without any worry of work at the back of my mind. One can truely enjoy. :)

*****
Time

It takes about one hour to wash the car with shampoo, and forty-five minutes to wash the car without. Both requires four pairs of hands. And it usually rains after that. Well, maybe not always ... since it hasn't rained yet since yesterday's wash, but black clouds loomed after we sweated. Good thing the clouds took pity on us. Heh.

*****
Lesson notes

Ms Y is a totally inexperienced teacher, and she doesn't really know how to deliver her lessons effectively. However, this has spurred us to revise on our own. After Japanese class yesterday, we sat dowwn and revise what she did in class and did our homework (or part thereof).

After which I slept at three to do notes and revise. Gosh, I've never been so hardworking in my life! :P

Here are some stuffs from the lesson, I can't say I truely understand completely. The grammar is rather strange.

Expressing One's Thoughts
Volitional-form, meaning for ideas or plans (thinking of).
- add to o mo tte imasu (iru) to the volitional form of the verb
This is for the speaker as well as 2nd and 3rd person,
whereas
- add to o mo ismasu is only for use for the speaker.

Refer to here

Expressions of Ability
The use of to become , naru
for i-adjectives, drop the i and add ku naru
for n-adjectives and noun, add ni naru
for verbs, to the potential form of verb, add yoo ni naru
for negatives, to the nai-form, drop the i and add ku naru

Which means something like that:
i-adjectives: ookii (big) --> ooki ku naru (become bigger)
n-adjectives: kantan (easy) --> kantan ni naru (become easy)
noun: sensei (teacher) --> sensei ni naru (become teacher)
verbs: oyogeru (can swim) --> oyogeru yoo ni naru (become able to swim)

Refer to here
It's quite confusing actually!

negative
i-adjectives: ookikunai (not big) --> ookikuna ku naru (become not big)
n-adjectives: kantan ja nai (not easy)--> kantan ja naku naru (become not easy) ?
noun: okane ga nai (no money) --> okane ga naku naru (become no money)
verbs: tabenai (no eat) --> tabenaku naru (become no eat)

Literal translation. I don't quite understand. really. :P What in the world does it mean by becoming not eat? Shessh.

Joining sentences using shi, meaning: and what's more/not only ~ but also ~/so
From ~ desu. Sorani ~
n-adjectives and nouns, use dashi to join
i-adjectives and verbs, use impolite form (dictionary form) + shi to join
Becomes ~ shi ~ mo
This one she didn't explain very clearly ... must shi always use with mo? Hmm.

Expressions of Uncertainty
Probably - for speaker's opnions, feelings, guess, thinking. deshou (polite)
i-adjectives: (impolite) + just add deshou
n-adjectives and nouns: (impolite) drop the da add deshou
verbs: (impolite, dic) + add deshou

Refer to here

muzukashi desu! <-- It's difficult!

Hmm, I wonder if I can put Japanese characters in ... :P

*****
Passion about living, about life ... or enthusiasm. Dispassionate or indifference. I'm not sure ... somehow, one must find it oneself, whether from another person, or from the things one does, or from the world around you. Somedays I wake up feeling enthusiasic and inspired, other days I wake up feeling listless and unhappy. What takes?

...

No comments: