Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Boys will always be boys, playful, invincible and brave. Today one of my boys found a shoe and decided on a most creative prank - put the shoe up on the pole and let's see the owner trying to bring it down. And how is the shoe going up there? Not a problem at all. So up he jumped, placed the shoe there, down he dropped and gouged a deep huge wound in his knee. Blood spruted out in copious amount, soaking up the cloths his friends applied. So we went to the children's emergency. But he was so calm and kept reassuring us that it didn't hurt at all. I guess there were more people paler than him at that moment. I salute him for his bravery and really wish to throttle him for his silliness. I hope he gets well soon.

Another time last year, another of my boys broke his arm. Now, that was really scary. The arm became all rubbery. Eerrgh. Small kid, deeply tan, trying hard to hold back tears, arm like an eel. All I could do was to talk to him so he wouldn't have to think of the pain too much. He was also a brave boy but the pain was really too much. I can still see that situation in my mind. That one was really awful. I didn't know broken bones made one looked so scary.

Good god ... *trys to wipe image of scene of broken arm off my mind*

* * *

No comments: