Monday, May 24, 2004

"So some respectable dodo in the Mauritius might have lorded it in his nest, and discussed the arrival of that shipful of pitiless sailors in want of animal food. 'We will peck them to death to-morrow, my dear.'"

From The War of the Worlds, H.G.Wells

Tickled me funny.

I think I might have read this book before. There are so many books I've read and I can't remember if I've read them. Was down at Kino for the 20% storewide discount, and bought books by P.D. James, Ian Rankin, Elizabeth George and of course Agatha Christie. I know I've not read the Rankin and George book, both being at that point in time I was finally smart enough to note down the books I've read, but P.D. James ... arrgh ... it was a while back when I was trying to haunt down all her books to read, and the book I've decided to buy finally - I hope I've not read it yet. Perhaps when I feel richer, I'll slowly buy all her books and read them again. Which is what I'm doing for AC books. :)

* * * * *

We are complacent creatures, we don't like changes especially when we are already comfortable and happy with the current situation, and especially if it involves more work. Are changes always necessary? Do we have to change the way we do something just so that it shows we are IT savvy? Does the change effect any improvement over the current situation? Or are we simply paying lip service so as to pacify the decision-makers that the money was well invested? Are we doing such things because 'other people are also doing it' and we want to be as good as them if not better? What matters if the immediate result is low morale, unhappiness, anger. Be resigned. Oh, but it is the end results that matters, you know. The BIG picture. For the good of all. yeah right. We just couldn't see it past our selfish noses. I'm tired. I don't care anymore.

What happened to being independent? What happened to family responsibilities? What happened to self responsibilities?

You tell me ...

No comments: