Thursday, March 18, 2004

Now I've forgotten what else I wanted to write about tonight. My friend called me just now and interrupted my thoughts. Gosh, this friend of mine .... she mumbles into the phone and her voice trails off into the air to be swallowed by the deep eddy. I press the phone tight into my ear to catch the wisp of her voice by the tail, trying to shake out the vowels and consonants to catch its meaning before it slips away into the night. Erm ... what was I saying? Oh yeah ... this friend of mine. She laughs suddenly sometimes or smiles for no reason in the middle of a conversation. Her eyes are unfocused and you see your words going right through her head and out from the other ear. It's so exasperating sometimes and 'airhead' really suits her. Mind you, not that she's stupid or what, she's very intelligent and although one feels like strangling her and screaming down her throat, she's still a wonderful person. You wonder about her. *grins* ... no truely, I like her when I'm not feeling murderous. :)

No comments: