Thursday, August 20, 2009

Catch up with my daughter.

Almost 14 months. Time to write a few things about her, so that I can remember what she does when she was 14 months. Heh. Yeah, I'd been lazy.

She can walk already, but she doesn't like to walk. Crawling is the fastest mode of transportation around the house.

She finishes her big bowl of porriage in ten minutes. Then she proceeds to eat her brother's food. And she opens her mouth the widest when she is fed her brother's food.

The brother, on the other hand, takes at least half and hour to finish his meal.

She can eat rice. Don't ask me how she chew them. She only has 4 front teeth on top, and 3 and a 1/2 teeth at the bottom. The half is because it came out long after the other three and is still very tiny, as compared to the rest.

She doesn't like her porriage nowadays as much as she likes our rice.

When she wears her brother's hand-me-down ORANGE pyjamas, and the brother wears his grandma-buy-from-china ORANGE pyjamas, both of them look like jailbirds who just broke out from prison. I should post a pic of them in the setup! Heh.

She can say these words: papa, mama, gorgor, jiejie, dark dark, ball, book, car, card, cart? She doesn't call her brother by name anymore. She calls him gorgor. Definitely less words than her brother. She doesn't really talk a lot. But she really understands what you say. I was quite amazed too. When I tell her to put her head on my shoulder, she knows to do it! When I ask her if she wants something, and she wants it, she'll nod her head, otherwise she'll shake her head. I'm reeling from amazement.

She likes books. From day 1, she likes books. She likes turning the pages and looking at the photos in the book. She likes playing the piano. She likes climbing up the piano too. She likes climbing up and down the stairs. She likes climbing up and down the bed. She likes playing with water especially at the fountain. She found that she can also play with water when she is being bathed, as opposed to mummy always car-wash-style-quickly-bathe-her, so she has made known her displeasure when she finishes her car-wash-style bath. She likes to swim. Kisses were fashionable for a few months, but no longer now. Morning greetings are fashionable right now. She can hold her own when she fights with her brother. She is learning that the voice can be a weapon of terror. She can get up and down the bobby car without help, but she is still going backwards on the bobby car. She is much better going out now, but she wants to shop as well, and will grab things off the shelves. She can fit her brother's lego. Not too successful yet, but getting there ... somewhat.

She is still super cute and cuddly. Happiness is when I hug and kiss her. Heh. I love her so.

The son is learning to ride a real bike. 2 wheels plus 2 training wheels. He needs lots of motivation and encouragement though. I've stopped violin lessons for him. Maybe continue when he's older. Haiz.

Me? I feel like learning the violin again whenever I listen to my cds. Just more dreams. haiz.

P.S: Now I understand what it feels like to be on autopilot when driving. Heh.

No comments: