Thursday, August 28, 2008

Life after two

I know I haven't been posting much nowadays. There're always other things to do when one is on the computer. Like reading other people's blogs, reading reviews an watching animes. Well, that is when the two kids are sleeping. Otherwise, my dearest boy will always be clamoring for dinosaur cartoons, which one has to look for them in youtube. The power of the internet! The power of YouTube!

The grandfather and the father have been showing him youtube vidoes of tanks and aeroplanes and lots of war stuffs. My darling boy has quite a violent vocab at two years and eight months. Also, the darling boy can switch on the laptop himself and I'm trying to get him to recognise alphabets by teaching him on the computer keyboard.

Fortunately, he still likes listening to stories and enjoys cuddling with me to read books together. *whew* It's quite scary what computer takes away from us!

The second one has been a bit neglected. Today she just had her first jab. Which should actually be done when she was one and a half months old. With our boy, I was very concerned about dates and stuffs, and he gets a proper assessment every month, plus we did all the weighing and measuring height and head circumfence diligently. We weighed our girl at one month, and she was about 5.2kg! Very big! Mom was already complaining that she doesn't fit into the bathtub! Didn't take her height and head circumfence though, and now she's two months already! Time sure flies.

My dearest daughter has quite a different disposition from her brother. She's not amused to be awaken at night for her feed even though it's been like more than four hours already. She's not amused when she's crying loudly to have a breast stuffed into her mouth. She's not amused when her diapers is soiled. She's not amused when she's not hungry but it's more than four hours and she needs to be fed and so stuff breast into her mouth. Gosh, her voice is loud and fierce. And she's not easily soothed. Unlike her brother. Cry, give milk = happy. This one, cry, cannot give milk. Must soothe first, generally by carrying (must be upright) and walking around and patting. *whew*

It's really not easy taking care of two. Mom still comes and help, and some nights, we send our boy over. Wednesdays and Fridays are school days for our boy. He is in the morning session, and we have been late for the past few weeks. *bleah* It's not really our son's fault, it's just that there's so many things to take care of, and the boy is not the easiest person to feed breakfast to. Fortunately, he looks forward to going to school, so there's no problem in that at all.

I'm glad that my boy adapts so quickly to school. It really saves a lot of headache. The first day in school, I sat in with him for the two and a half hours. The second time, he cried for an hour when I left. The third time, he cried for half and hour. The fourth time, he pulled my hand a bit but didn't look back when I disengaged and left. Nowadays, he hops into class, sits down besides his best friend, says things like 'I brought my police car today!' and never a look or bye to his poor mom. Heh. Not that I'm sad or anything ... I'm really proud of my darling boy. Of course the heart aches a bit since he didn't even say goodbye.

I'm so lucky that my mom is so caring and helpful. When we send our boy over, I could really spend quality time with my baby daughter. When she's here, she'll look after baby and cooks for us. And I could spend quality time with my boy. Or to get a proper rest = sleep. Nights isn't really restful. And when my mom is around, I could bring my boy swimming. We did that a few times already, and my boy has become a bit braver. He'll hold onto his floats, those long stringly ones, and I'll be a few feet in front of him. I also bought him a watergun to encourage him to swim, and he was so happy. The last time we went swimming, he toppled over into the water, somehow the stringly floats rolled under him and he slowly toppled - from upright position to lying back on the water and slowly starting to sink, after he lost his grip on his floats. I rushed to him, but you know how things are ... when in a hurry it became even slower! Heh heh. All is okay, he just got a bit of a shock, and the darling boy never even let go of his watergun throughout!

Will bring him swimming again when all of us recovers from runny noses!

No comments: