Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Taking stock

In a way I am very lucky.

Not much of a water retention, did not put on too much weight, complexion better than I've ever experienced, not much of a throwing up thingy, just not much of an apetite, and I'm feeling happy, with the house all nicely up now and everything almost perfect.

:)

What more could a gal ask for?

My baby with big feet will be due in December. :)

All I hope is that he'll be a happy and healthy one. He'd better be, I eat so much chocolates. hahaha.

I'm not sure if I'll be a good mama, but I promised myself I will not be neurotic or kiasu. Perhaps it's easier said than done, all parents want the best for their kid, we just want him to be a happy kid.

Sometimes I feel that it is too soon to have a baby, wanted to wait a couple more years, for there are so many things I've not done yet. But sometimes when I counted our ages on my fingers, it seems a pretty good time to have them now. Perhaps such things are just meant to be.

And I'm feeling slightly high than usual ... must be that chocolate ice-cream I just ate. With chocolate fudge. :P

And dinner was simple and pretty successful. :)

***
Hmm, I seem to have been very out of touch with a lot of things. This comes from not having access to the nation's newspapers. But I guess I'm not missing out much, am I? After all, all those news seem to be rather ... trival and gossipy. Surely I'm surprised what the hoohah is all about.

*shrug*

On the other hand, I was trying to backtrack news articles on the 'Libby' incident. There were things I didn't know, and there was something interesting I learnt from hubby, that it is actually treason to name a spy, because of the repercussions. And I'm still amazed that they could have done that to their own people.

And then because I'm still in the fever of watching war shows, it really saddens me that even after World War II, people are still going to wars, and using all kinds of things as excuses. Religion, WMD, oppression etc ... if you look at it with a magnifying glass, it is the individuals that oppressed, the individuals that chose to kill, the individuals that chose to terrorise, and there will never be peace.

Perhaps all these are just part of humanity, and there's nothing to be done about it.

Then all the more I am so blessed to be sitting here in peace and happiness.

And all the more I should cherish the things I have in my life.

***

No comments: