Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I'm feeling ...

1. Tired - tsukareta. My thighs are aching. It's been a long time since I felt this tired! But, it feels good ... really really good. heh. What can I say? Yoga is wonderful after all. :) Well, at least my butt isn't sore today.

2. Happy. No work for one whole week! Keys are coming soon! Hubby for being there all the way for me. Especially it's my first time, and he knows I hate it, and he was with all the time. What more can I ask for? :)

=)

TV was actually showing Smurfs on Kids Central this afternoon. hahaha.

On cab drivers. Yesterday I took a cab to visit hubby. Driver was extremely loquacious. Had a loud and cheery voice and was being extremely kah-poh, like asking me if I were a student, and whether I was visiting a friend etc etc. But I was feeling extremely misanthropic that day and he got my full blast of mono-syllabic grunts, snorts and mutters. Eventually after a few hearty attempts, he finally got my extremely subtle hint when I buried my nose in my book. So there.

heh.

I got 6 more boxes of haagen daz ice-cream. They move very fast, what with mom and older brother raiding the fridge almost everyday (mom occasionally). I think I've eaten too much chocolates again. Throat wasn't feeling too good this morning. And I'm never ever going to be able to maintain my weight like that. *bleah*

Couldn't spell maintenance. Got it wrong first two tries. How embarrassing! Bugger it. heh. That sounds good ... bugger it bloody bugger.

I can never get this word straight:

Imcumbent
Pronunciation: in-'k&m-b&nt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin incumbent-, incumbens, present participle of incumbere to lie down on, from in- + -cumbere to lie down; akin to cubare to lie
1 : the holder of an office or ecclesiastical benefice
2 : OCCUPANT

Function: adjective
1 : imposed as a duty : OBLIGATORY
2 : having the status of an incumbent; especially : occupying a specified office
3 : lying or resting on something else
4 : bent over so as to rest on or touch an underlying surface

Strangly, I always thought it somehow meant heavy or clumsy or some Physics term or something to that effect. (And more like explaination 3 & 4 which sounds more familiar) Or have I mixed it up with some other word?

My arms are aching too. I need to practise more arm balances. Still a bit shaky on doing the little bird. :P There's a crow pose and now there's the little bird pose. sounds fun huh. :) Can't quite do three point head stand. Need to improve arm strength first!

Still can't do hand stand very well. I think I'm just afraid of falling.

No comments: