Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Lost

The Cat is missing. Has been gone for more than three weeks. We kept hoping that she'll come back. When my in-laws went away, there was no one around to feed her or play with her. Hubby said perhaps she has found someone else to take her in. He's just as sad as I am. We stood at the front of the gates and mewed a few times. loudly. But there was no pitter-patter of small padded feet, nor any answering cries. She is gone, for real this time.

There is no more soft cat head lounging on my feet. There is no more smooth silky cat for my toes to stroke. There is no more warm cuddly cat for me to hug. There is no more patient loving cat for me to tug her tail. There is no more sweet tempered cat for me to swipe the floor with. There is no more cat. Lost. Our cat is gone at last. It was simply a matter of time actually. I hope she is somewhere happy, dreaming of rats and sparrows and of us who will always love her. And I will still continue to hope that she'll find her way back to us one day.

And now, to tame her irritating off-springs she left behind. There are two of them, as pretty as the mom, but of different colours. And my ... what cowards they are. Only knowing how to make lots of mewing noises when hungry and being so afraid of us that they simply refused to let you touch them or let you come near them. Ungrateful little worms. Too afraid to wander out of the house as well. Humf. Give me back the Cat in exchange for these two!

:(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comfort.
~xena

Anonymous said...

Our sweet beautiful cat, we will always miss and remember you!