Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Grouses

I absolutely hate it when people asked me what it is that my husband does.

I mean if you are a close friend then it is okie to ask ... but if I consider you an acquaintance or simply a colleague then it's rather wierd to ask isn't it? This is a rather personal question, it's like asking how much is your pay or like ... I dunno ... such questions feels oki with friends, but not if I don't consider you one. humf.

For invariably they would say ... (in a false voice) oh, then you don't need to work anymore! You can stay at home and be a tai-tai ... like your husband is earning lots of money can support you ... blah blah blah. Or like today, then your husband should have a car right? blah blah blah.

I feel so ... insulted? Nah ... amused. snigger ... how small-minded can people get?

My husband is not earning a lot of money, and he is working horrible long hours. It is unfair if I do not help him or contribute anything. Loving someone means sharing the burden (if possible).

Maybe next time I should simply say, oh ... he digs shit out of people's asses ... or ... it's none of your bloody freaking business ... or hey look! A flying pig just flew by .... how? Damnit.

Of course I can quit my job right now and let him support me. If I want to, I would right? I don't need any suggestion from you, whatever your suggestions mean. But I don't want to. I may grumble and complain about my work. Work sucks sometimes .. doesn't it all happen to everyone some days? Somedays may be good, somedays may be bad. I like what I'm doing sometimes, sometimes I really wish I don't have to work. Don't we all? It's all part and parcel of life. I hate it when they hold all those useless and inefficient meetings and waste everyone's time and end up doing nothing at all. I could have spent my time much better. But doesn't that happen to everyone?

I hate it when people tell me, hey .. you can quit your job and let your husband support you. I absolutely hate it! I feel more independent being able to earn my own income. I can spend my money on the things I want to buy. I don't like to use my husband's money to buy things for myself. I hate it when people tell me .. oh, get your husband to buy you this and that etc. I don't understand why people can be so ... so ... what's that word for it? Urrgh. Perhaps it's just a normal reaction for people to say when I complain sometimes that I wish I could buy some expensive stuffs but I'm not buying because they're too expensive ... then their normal flippant reply would be .. oh, get your husband to buy for you lah! Ha .. I guess I asked for that. OKie, so cannot 'complain' huh ... nevermind, I shall complain in my blog then. This is my blog ... so bugger off. *growl*

I don't think I'm a career-minded woman. I'm happy to work hard for half a day, go back and clean the house, spend time for myself and take care of hubby. Nope, don't want any kids. I like to have some order in my life. Perhaps a bit monotonous, but it feels safe because I'll know what to expect. Excitment would come in the things I can learn for myself, the time I spent with hubby and the places we can look forward to go during holidays. See, if there's no monotony and boredom then there's no excitment and adventure. Just like if you've never experience depression, you would not appreciate happiness. Or like if you always eat shark's fin and abalone and expensive rich food everyday, then they no longer taste special. Life is all about living the everydays and experiencing the once in a while excitement. That's my philo.

:)

May the next person who ask me what my husband does and follows up with ... hey, then you don't need to work anymore blah rot in hell.

:)

No comments: