Thursday, March 18, 2004

Now I remember what it was that I wanted to write.

The maverick

She emailed the whole staff as well as the management and the big head her true and uncensored and unabridged opinion about the system and about someone in particular. Where others talked about it in hushed tones or complained in the safety of their own circle, she said all - straight from her heart. Some may say it's damn rude, some may think she's asking for trouble, some may feel she's couragous, and some may think she's crazy. Whatever it is, did it achieve the desired effect? Would it be another of those things where when something bad happened to the cat, you sweep it under the carpet and spray the room with nice scent and serve tea to stiff-lipped aunties? Honestly speaking, I thought her email would have been rather vague if she had not explained to me what she was getting at. She explained to me before I read it so it was quite clear when I thought of what she said. It didn't really affect me, but it was rather interesting to read. The intrigues and politics which happened all around you. The invisible currents which tugged at you, pulled your hair and whispered gloom and dipped unhappiness. I'm really not sure if it has the effect she wanted though. There are some who spoke up to support her yet the important people remained silent, their cheeks turned the other way, halos showing. The top privately emailed her, cautious and diplomatic yet meaningless. There was one who spoke up too which I'm not sure if she would have liked that since I doubted she supported his ways in the first place. Ahh, the irony of it all. It's quite amusing actually. In this society, why bother?

I do not have any opinion, I neither support what she has done nor condemn it. I am not interested in the politics of a small narrow-minded culture. Just do one's best in whatever one has to do. Be it so if one's work is never appreciated or condemned. Be it so if one's best is not the best in another person's eye. Let it go, it really doesn't matter when one is gone. I can't find any feelings for the whole affaire. I simply feel like an on-looker. I've complained too, felt frustrated over things and yelled at the top of my voice. Lanced it out of your system and let the peace in back to you.

Do yoga. :)

No comments: